Remember Biana's three principles of turning your web site into a cash cow? Here are the three principles:
- Your web site must be easy to navigate, understand and use.
- Your web site must discuss what you do AND how what you do will benefit your customers.
- Your web site must have a newsletter that helps you keep in touch with your visitors and customers.
However, a web site that has all of the features listed above is not all that's needed to get leads and customers for your business. To get the most out of your web site, you need to ensure that the site generates targeted web site traffic.
So how do you increase Internet traffic to your web site? Here are three proven, time-tested methods for generating targeted web site traffic:
- Optimize Your Web Site for Search Engines. Search engine optimization is the process of modifying web page content and meta-information to improve the search engine ranking of the page. Meta-information includes HTML tags (title, heading, emphasized text, keyword and description meta-tags), as well as the internal (links between pages on the same site) and external (links between pages on different sites) link structure of a web site.
Using good keywords to optimize your web site for search engines helps you bring targeted traffic to your web site.
- Create a Business Blog. A business blog is an excellent tool to toot your own horn, let the world know about your new products, and tell your target customers why they should do business with you, rather than your competitor.
Blog posts that are keyword-rich help you bring targeted traffic from search engines, and blog posts that are educational and interesting to read help you build relationships with people who read your blog. Strive to make your blog posts optimized and educational - that way you get the search engines and your readers interested in what you have to say.
- Write Articles. Writing articles on your subject of expertise is an excellent way to get better known throughout your online community and to let target clients know about your expertise.
The article's resource box is your chance to get the reader to visit your web site and thus generate additional traffic. This is why it is extremely important to make your resource box as effective as possible. The resource box must include a strong call to action (and a free bonus gift doesn't hurt either).
Targeted web site traffic translates into leads and clients for your business. Start using the traffic generating methods outlined above and watch your traffic soar.
About the author: Biana Babinsky is the online business expert who has helped many business owners attract more web site customers, bring in more online publicity and increase the bottom line. Visit http://avocadoconsulting.com/free_newsletter.html to subscribe to her newsletter full of marketing tips and ideas and join her online business coaching program at http://www.MarketingSalad.com.
Step by Step Search Engine Optimization Special Report